Diaphanous Dreams

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream - I have a dream
I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile..
-I have a dream, ABBA.

I am a dreamer and when i wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
-Goodbye, my lover, JAMES BLUNT

Dreams, Happy dreams, sad dreams, scary dreams, comforting dreams, dreams of future, dreams of past, dreams of lovers, dreams of forlorn, austere dreams, kinky dreams, impossible dreams, achievable dreams, discreet dreams, diaphanous dreams..

I am a dreamer, possibly that's why I adore sleeping. I read somewhere that dreams are an extension of our sub conscious reality, the paranormal universe which we create for our own existence. People say your dreams are your own, the absolute possession that no thief can steal nor any king rule over. But what exactly are dreams? Or rather why exactly are dreams? How near to or how far from reality are dreams?

I am not a philosopher and possibly I myself have no answers to these questions. Possibly there are no answers to this question. For example, the perennial hen or egg debate or the reasons for creation of the universe, the earth, the plants, us animals, they have no answers. Probably a scientific explanation (I'm not a scientist either!) proffered to gullible minds but not an answer. An answer with the undisputable allegiance of reality just does not exist.

During our normal existence, various outside forces inhabit the abode of our body. And i'm not talking about the physical aspects, things like happiness, sadness, hope, despair, although momentary, they do leave behind a semblance of their presence in their wake. These forces must be helping in shaping of dreams. Whenever I have tried to analyse dreams, they have been away from reality in the vast sense but the underlying decorum is as close to reality as can be. And essential here to mention is the fact that I have seen dreams (however small or however big) coincide into reality quite often.

But for me, being creatively inclined, dreams usually have been run chases, cops and gangsters, terrorists (so true in today's times). Though essentially being distinct from reality, they do expose the creative instinct of mine. So the diaphonous thread of association between dreams and reality exists.

On a closing note, I have heard people advising dream for the stars, dream high, it is essential to dreams so as to succeed. But no matter, how hard I tried I just couldn't manage to weave a dream. Dreams have been arbitary compositions of my mind. I could never dream of what I decided to dream before I slept. People who have had success in this process are welcome to share their experiences. Asta La Vista!

0 comments: