Power of Solitude

Here I sit between my brother, the mountain and my sister, the sea. We three are one in solitude, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.
- Khalil Gibran
There are times, when you desire solitude. Times, when it becomes difficult to take life the way it is taking you. Do not confuse solitude with loneliness. Alfred Polgar once said, "When everyone leaves you it’s loneliness you feel, when you leave everyone else it’s solitude." Lonelines makes you weak, it hacks the self esteem and kills the spirit of the person. Solitude on the other hand assimilates power, exalts the self esteem and rejuvenates the spirit within.
I'm a loner, I must confess. In between these periods of solitude, which originate right from the early days of my childhood, I have met lots of people. People who hated me, people who despised me, people who were jealous, people who loved me, people who stood by me, people who appreciated me and then also people who were just indifferent. I am an observer. I subconsciously grasp whatever my eyes behold. My memory is like a photographic silver plate. This power comes from the loneliness infused into my sytem. A troublesome childhood did nothing to cure this.
Since time immemorial, the only loyal friend of mine has been me, myself. People find soulmates to share their joys and sorrows. And I have always retracted into my shell everytime I experienced joy or sorrow, always finding solace in my own self. It gave a sense of calm everytime I did that. And from that calm,I derived a sense of amazing power o'er my thoughts and dreams.
It's not that I am anti-social. There are times when I have tried to relate to people around me. Times when I have loved, times when I have hated. But unfortunately, everytime I have loved someone, I have been betrayed, not by Thee but by myself. I find difficult to sustain my associations, once I find that the power the other individual is exercising o'er me is greater in magnitude than the one exercised by my best friend. And the worst part is that in that circumstance I fail to recognise what made things go wrong, what action backfired. And it is in these confused moments I stop, turn around and start walking back. Special Someone said, "Priyank, you run away everytime things go out of hand. Congrats, you ran away again" Yes, my dear I ran away again. But do you know where?
I ran away to myself. Back again to my land of solitude. Back to the dead of my world. Yes here I am happy, here I am peaceful. Because here, I hear no noises. Because here, I am and no one else is. Because here, is a world I created. Because here, I am all powerful.

1 comments:

Sinu said...

I really like this blog.....