Moving on..

A lazy Thursday morning. Monday blues are through and weekend is still far. I'm so looking forward to catching some sleep this Sunday, my weekly off. But I fear it's gonna be really difficult, because it's my parents 27Th wedding anniversary and some plans are in the pipeline. It's amusing and really wonderful. My parents have been together for last 27 years through thick and thin, it's a romance of the for ever and ever types, intermittent squabbles be ignored. But it is rightly said disagreements are the spice of any relation, what counts is the strength of the feelings that make the relationship. I'm so happy for my mom and dad and wish them togetherness and happiness for many more years to come.
I woke up unusually late today, owing partly to the strained muscles I have brought back from my Vaishno Devi trip. I have consciously avoided taking pain killers on the advice of my mom. Although most of the pain has subsided, the fatigue is still there in the muscles and hope to be perfectly fine soon enough. The housemaid has gone to her village for a week or more maybe and I have been induced to share the burden of a few household chores. So I have been making my own bed, hanging the towels out to dry, even chopping veggies to assist mom. Poor sis T, is having a tough time with her Board exams fast approaching but she is doing most of what she can for the household chores (and simultaneously battling fatigued muscles also from the Vaishno Devi trip). So eventually having gotten up late, also got late leaving from home. Consequently found more traffic on the roads which extended my journey till office by a good 20 minutes. With discomfort, I managed to climb the stairs of my First Floor office, just to find it locked. Apparently my office boy had decided to take an off without having the courtesy to inform me and my partner was still merrily at home tending to his own household responsibilities. No issues though, he has a wife and kids. I understand. So, had to descend the stairs once again, go to my car, fish out the keys to the office and climb the whole stairs again.
The office boy has incidentally walked in, as I write this post, having been delayed, by his own account, by missing the bus and a host of other excuses. I refrain from giving him a hiding.
Meanwhile one of my peculiarly sharp-tongued creditor called to enquire about the status of his payment. I had been dreading his call from the last couple of days. Today, unexpectedly he was in a good mood. I managed to pacify him easily. The recession has already taken its toll on my business. For two whole months I have battled to keep the production unit running, knocking on all doors I could to procure orders, struggling with dried receipts. But finally the silver lining has broadened and the sun is shining. Looking forward to better times ahead!
Cheers!

0 comments: