So Tired! Longing for a break!

The wedding season has finally culminated. I feel bloated with all those opulent feasts I've been part of this season. Conveniently ending with the wedding vows of one of my cousin's who has apparently been very close to my heart right from my early childhood days. Considering the fact that he is older than me by merely a month, it's almost like we've grown up together. The prospect of another person sharing his life is relatively amusing and apprehensive too. Add to this the barrage of cumulative jibes from all and sundry informing me that I am next, his wedding was an affair altogether. Although a great part of his wedding revelry was lost to me, thanks to the extra alcohol I helped myself to, it was a grand celebration nevertheless.
It all happened in so much of a hurry that I barely found time to discuss the turmoils going through his mind on the time preceding his marriage. An arranged marriage, they had barely got engaged a month back. I'm still finding it difficult to accept that he is married. Apart from the gloom that I have now virtually lost the company he used to offer me on the numerous sneaky night outs we have shared, I'm more than happy for him. And besides I'm overly excited about the approaching Holi festival. The first Holi is a grand celebration in our community and boy am I looking forward to it! He'll be busy all this while with the numerous family dinner invitations and then will, soon after Holi, push off for his honeymoon to Australia and New Zealand (which incidentally both me and my cousin, as kids, had planned to go together on!) and I think it is only once he returns will I be able to catch him for a chat. And also get to know the woman who has caught my dear cousin's fancy. Wish them all the best and God bless them both.

In the meantime all eyes are set on me. And it is almost time even I submitted to the fact that I need to settle down. Let's see what future has in store for me. But for the time being, the wedding season has set me back by a couple of kilos and also rendered severe backache on me and I'm dying for a vacation. I'm looking at Shimla but let's see how and when I manage to plan that break!

1 comments:

Nupur said...

Well you never know.. May be u two do end up going to your honeymoon dream destination Together.. ;-P